Conveyor belts and equipment for meat and poultry processing
For leading meat and poultry processors, Intralox is more than just a vendor or belt supplier. We’re a true business partner that deeply understands your goals and operations.
Our modular plastic conveyor belts first revolutionized the meat and poultry industry more than 50 years ago. In the years since, we’ve continued to invest in industry-focused research and development to deliver innovations that help you overcome emerging challenges like foreign material contamination risks, chemical usage, and labor shortages.
We have solutions and services for nearly every conveyance need in meat and poultry plants, including:
- Conveyor belts
- Automation equipment
- Spiral conveyors
- FoodSafe services and technologies
Meat and poultry processing areas
Where can Intralox make the difference for you?
Solution SpotlightSeries 900 Raised Rib Heavy-Duty Edge belt
Decrease downtime and increase throughput with Intralox's robust, fault-tolerant solution for microwave bacon applications
Insights and Results
Meat and poultry processors find success with Intralox solutions
Reducing poultry plant labor needs by 30%
Intralox partners with GUADAÍRA to optimize Avigal's tray-pack handling area using AIM technology
Food-safe belting eliminates product sticking
Silver Fern Farms reduces food safety risks, eliminates product loss, saves 25 cleaning hours per belt per year
Frequently Asked Questions
Intralox has been innovating food-safe solutions for animal proteins for more than 50 years. In fact, our company began when our founder invented a modular plastic conveyor belt for shrimp processing! We partner with processors, equipment manufacturers, trade organizations, and sanitation experts to continually ensure that we’re aligned with the challenges faced by meat and poultry processors.
Yes, absolutely. Our direct business model allows us to work with you to build solutions to address your pain points, meet evolving product challenges, and achieve your desired outcomes, regardless of your plant's location. We can also work alongside local resellers, distributors, etc. to help deliver the best possible results.
Our comprehensive global support includes consulting, troubleshooting, and advice—either remote or in person—as well as expert guidance in choosing optimal solutions and products.
Contact Intralox Customer Service to learn more about how we can support your plant's goals.
There are many different criteria for selecting a belt material. These include:
- Operating conditions, including product weight or impact, product sticking/carry-over, or accumulation
- Environmental factors like temperature or humidity
- Compatibility with chemicals used for cleaning
- Sanitation frequency and procedures (e.g., frequent belt removal and installation)
Our industry experts have deep experience analyzing these issues for customers and helping them select the materials best suited for their conveyor, environment, and application.
Contact Intralox Customer Service to discuss which belt materials are best suited for your application.
If your cleaning chemicals aren’t compatible with conveyor belting material, they can reduce belt life and increase foreign material contamination risks. To prevent this, we recommend that you:
- Talk with your sanitation team regularly
- Ask what cleaning chemicals and concentrations they’re using
- Ensure that those chemicals are compatible with your critical, direct-food-contact belts
- Download and consult our Chemical Compatibility Guidelines for Meat, Poultry, and Seafood (PDF)
Contact Intralox Customer Service to further discuss the specifics of your plant, chemicals, or application. We welcome the opportunity to review your sanitation materials with you, and can also provide full Standard Sanitation Operation Procedure (SSOP) reviews.
Intralox provides a wide offering of services both in-person and remote across multiple platforms. These services include, but aren’t limited to:
- General: belt identification; belt, conveyor, and application recommendations; plant surveys; troubleshooting or technical consulting; conveyor audits and Health Checks; ThermoDrive splicing support; evaluating retrofit opportunities
- Training: maintenance training (in-person or remote); ThermoDrive splicer training; training for OEMs, fabricators, or other third-party partners
- Project support: belt and conveyor recommendations, layout optimization, engineering analyses, conveyor design reviews, factory acceptance testing (FAT), installation supervision, startup support
- Intralox FoodSafe and Commercial Food Sanitation: conveyor assessments and workshops, hygienic conveyor design program, foreign material contamination risk mitigation, CFS trainings and certifications
- Expedited shipping services: includes four-hour, same day, next-day, and three-day shipping options, all backed by industry-leading guarantees