Conveyor systems for fish and seafood processing
Fish and seafood processors worldwide trust Intralox conveyor belts and solutions for every part of their operations, including receiving, processing, freezing, packaging, and more. Whether you’re out at sea or back on land, handling small shellfish, large whole fish, canned items, or filets, our industry experts can partner with you to enhance your operations.
Intralox’s fish and seafood industry solutions help you:
- Protect against Listeria, pathogens, and foreign material contamination (FMC) risks
- Safeguard food safety and product quality
- Eliminate unscheduled downtime from belt or conveyor failure
- Optimize your operations for throughput and reliability
Fish and seafood processing applications
Where can Intralox make the difference for you?
Industry InsightsTop 5 Listeria Hideouts in Seafood Processing Equipment
Where could Listeria be hiding on your conveyors? We’ve created a handy tool that explains what to look for in your plant.
Insights and Results
Fish and seafood processors find success with Intralox solutions
Reduced cleaning time with ThermoDrive technology
Cabomar reduces cleaning time by 30% and increases product yield with ThermoDrive technology
Expanding production with the DirectDrive System
Van der Lee Seafish increases throughput by 160% and achieves line flexibility with the DirectDrive Stacker
Frequently Asked Questions
Yes, absolutely. Our direct business model allows us to work with you to build solutions to address your pain points, meet evolving product challenges, and achieve your desired outcomes, regardless of your plant's location. We can also work alongside local resellers, distributors, etc. to help deliver the best possible results.
Our comprehensive global support includes consulting, troubleshooting, and advice—either remote or in person—as well as expert guidance in choosing optimal solutions and products.
Contact Intralox Customer Service to learn more about how we can support your plant's goals.
We offer several different spiral technologies capable of handling both packaged and non-packaged products across various conditions and circumstances. Backed by learnings from more than 3,000 spiral installations worldwide, our dedicated spiral experts can work with you during your initial product stages to identify the best technology for you.
Throughout your project life cycle, our spiral experts can help you in several key areas, including:
- Cost calculations, including payback analyses and total cost of ownership evaluations
- Spiral conveyor optimization, including Conditioning Optimization and consultation with our Optimization Services Group (OSG)
- Training in effective sanitation procedures to reduce or eliminate marking or releasing
- Ongoing support, including on-site or remote startup support, Health Checks, spiral conveyor audits, and training and resources
Contact Intralox Customer Service to discuss your spiral needs.
Experience shows that our solutions for back-end automation—including ARB equipment, AIM equipment, and conveyor belts for packaging—are fairly simple to deploy and operate. Combined with our Packer to Palletizer program, these solutions can help you achieve optimal, worry-free mechanical automation.
In general, Intralox automation solutions don’t require complex programming expertise to operate or maintain, and your maintenance team should be able to maintain and troubleshoot most common problems. For more complex solutions and situations, we offer remote, on-site, or hybrid technical and troubleshooting support. This support is also available to integrators and OEMs.
We understand how critical hygienic performance and sustainability are to any plant's operations. We can connect you with our research and product development teams, hygienic conveyor design specialists, training specialists, and sanitation consultants from both Intralox and Commercial Food Sanitation, an Intralox company.
We offer an array of cost-effective services to help you ensure safe and sustainable food processing in your facilities, including:
Hygienic Conveyor Design Program
- Developed in collaboration with you to ensure optimal mechanical and hygienic design of new conveyors
- Determine mechanical, sanitation, and chemical-related risks associated with conveyors, including foreign material contamination risks
- Recommend fixes and follow-up programs
Conveyor and Hygienic Workshops
- Practical, theoretical, and hands-on training that incorporates examples from your facility
- Enables you to assess hygienic design risks, identify critical areas for improvement, determine belt and equipment strategies, and enhance collaboration with vendors and manufacturers
- Encourages plant-wide alignment and a passion for food safety
Specialized workshops focusing on key areas (e.g., mitigating foreign material risks) are also available. Contact Intralox Customer Service to learn more about the services we can bring to your plant.