Intralox, LLC Statement of Corporate Social Responsibility (“CSR”)
Issue Date: 10/01/2019
Last Revision Date: 10/01/2020
Next Review Date: 10/01/2021
Intralox shareholders and employees work in an ethical, responsible and safe manner to:
- Create value for ourselves, our customers, consumers and the world;
- Protect the environment;
- Support human rights and justice in our employment and procurement practices; and
- Engage, learn from, respect and support the communities in which we work.
The cornerstone of Intralox’s commitment to CSR is its Business Philosophy of Continuous Improvement known as LCI, with a framework of responsibility, transparency, trust and profit sharing, and based on commitments outlined below:
- We treat customers, suppliers and each other as we expect to be treated: with respect, honesty and fairness. Intralox focuses on substantive CSR measures that create positive change to help employees, customers and suppliers succeed in making a difference.
- We continuously improve Company productivity with ideas, teamwork and effort. For each major area of CSR discussed below, Intralox has assigned a multi-functional team to identify and discuss CSR improvement opportunities.
- We limit and sequence active priorities. To accelerate progress with CSR, Intralox prioritizes and sequences CSR improvement work to complete initiatives before activating others.
- We measure and communicate what’s important. Intralox will limit public facing CSR information to what we have objectively determined will be meaningful and valuable as an indicator of our business’s progress with CSR.
- We do not compromise on our LCI principles. Intralox’s success and ability to make a difference for the benefit of global society depends on complete adherence by our employees to the principles in which we collectively believe, and which keep us aligned in achieving our CSR goals.
This policy applies to activities undertaken by or on behalf of Intralox, LLC and its subsidiaries worldwide. It is built on the following areas consistent with existing and emerging standards of CSR:
Business Ethics and Transparency
Intralox commits to the highest standards of integrity and corporate governance practices in order to maintain excellence in its daily operations and promote confidence in its governance systems. To protect personal and confidential information, for example, Intralox has implemented and continues to improve on robust cybersecurity measures, policies and procedures. Intralox conducts its business in an open, honest, and ethical manner. Business ethics and transparency are operationalized through the work of a dedicated LCI function that proactively promotes ethical practices through training and management support. One example is the annual anonymous Management Assessment Survey completed by every employee to identify opportunities for management and colleagues to improve performance and to highlight possible violations of our values. Intralox also advises its partners, contractors and suppliers of this CSR Statement in part through a Supplier Code of Conduct that must be signed or otherwise confirmed to do business with Intralox.
Environment Health & Safety (EHS)
Intralox is committed to protecting the health and safety of all individuals affected by its activities, including its employees, suppliers, contractors and the public. Through its EHS Management System, Intralox provides a safe and healthy working environment that does not compromise the health and safety of any individual. Intralox manages to and reports on leading and lagging safety indicators to its Board of Managers twice per year.
Intralox is committed to environmental protection and stewardship. That commitment includes participation in the U.S. Department of Energy’s Better Plants Program. Intralox strives to have no accidents and to mitigate impacts on the environment by working with its stakeholders, suppliers, contractors and others to promote responsible environmental practices.
Employee Relations and Human Rights
As part of its commitment to treating its employees with respect, honesty and fairness, Intralox applies fair labor practices, while respecting the national and local laws of the countries and communities in which it operates.
Intralox provides equal opportunity in all aspects of employment and does not engage in or tolerate unlawful workplace conduct, including discrimination, intimidation, harassment, or retaliation.
Intralox also does not engage directly or indirectly in any activity that solicits or encourages human rights abuse, for example forced or child labor. Intralox strives to build trust, deliver mutual advantage and demonstrate respect for human dignity and rights in all its relationships, including respect for cultures, customs and values of individuals and groups.
Prosperity and Community Investment
Intralox integrates community investment considerations into its decision-making and business practices and assists in local capacity building to develop mutually beneficial relationships with communities.
Intralox contributes to its host communities’ quality of life by supporting innovative programs in health, education, social services, the environment, and cultural, civic, and other projects, including through its leadership of criminal justice reform efforts in its home state of Louisiana.
Intralox strives to provide employment and economic opportunities in the communities where it operates.
Intralox encourages the reporting of real or potential violations of this policy, or any other applicable policy, law or regulation, through both internal and external means, including an established Whistleblower Protection Policy.